First half of 2021: 345 NPA surrenderers in EastMinCom

The Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) has continued to record victory in its response against insurgency for the first half of 2021 despite COVID-19 challenges.

Data from the EastMinCom showed that 345 New People’s Army (NPA) members surrendered from January to June 30, while 66 were apprehended or captured. A total of 38, however, were killed during encounters. 

“So far, ngayong taon, marami ang sumukong mga top ranking na CPP [Communist Party of the Philippines]-NPA na ating na-neutralize, halos pareho noong nakaraang taon,” EastMinCom Spokesperson Maj. Alex Mindalanao said.

Two guerilla fronts within their area of responsibility were also dismantled in their continued response to the insurgency, or the Guerilla Front 4A in Caraga and Guerilla Front North in Davao Region and Saranggani Province.

“Hopefully matapos natin ang insurhensiya dito sa area ng Eastern Mindanao Command. Then ang remaining guerilla front, baka kayanin natin na bago matapos ang term ng ating mahal na Pangulo,” Mindalanao said.

Meanwhile, the Department of the Interior and Local Government in Region 11 (DILG-11) said there are around 143 beneficiaries of the Comprehensive Local Integration Program or ECLIP in Davao Region this year. Around P11.3 million will be allocated on the said project.

 “Hindi natin sila maaaring pabayaan bagkus ay tulungan natin sila, dahil ang ating approach ngayon ay i-welcome sila,” DILG-11 Reg. Dir. Alex Roldan said.

From July 2016 to June 2021, a total of 4,272 NPA members surrendered to EastMinCom, while 2,741 benefited under ECLIP within EastMinCom’s area of responsibility. – Report from Julius Pacot/PTV Davao/AG-rir

Watch full report here:

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...