Guerrero will make a good Customs chief: Galvez

MANILA — Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief-of-Staff, Gen. Carlito Galvez Jr., said he is confident that his predecessor, Gen. Leonardo Guerrero, will do good as Bureau of Customs (BOC) commissioner.

“He (Guerrero) is an honest, intelligent and very competent man. He is also (a) very strict, serious but kind-hearted person,” Galvez said in a message to reporters Friday.

The former AFP chief, a member of Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Class of 1984, was replaced by Galvez, of PMA Class 1985, last April.

Guerrero, who is Maritime Industry Authority administrator, was put in charge of the BOC following the transfer of its former head, Isidro Lapeña, to the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) amid the probe on the multi-billion-peso “shabu” shipment that slipped through the BOC.

Lapeña will fill up the post vacated by former TESDA director-general Guiling Mamondiong, who stepped down to run for governor of Lanao del Sur in the 2019 mid-term elections. ( Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...