High-value drug suspect nabbed with P340K ‘shabu’ in CamSur

LEGAZPI CITY – Government operatives collared a suspected high-value drug peddler and seized from him PHP340,000 worth of suspected shabu in Barangay Mabolo, Naga City, Camarines Sur over the weekend.

Christian Frivaldo, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Bicol regional director, said on Tuesday Alvin Chan, 27, resident of said village, was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted by combined elements of PDEA-Camarines Sur, Naga City Police Drug Enforcement Unit, National Bureau of Investigation and 97th MICO (Military Intelligence Company).

In a report submitted to PDEA Director General Aaron N. Aquino, Frivaldo said the suspect had been a subject of surveillance operations after his name was included on the agency’s list of high-value targets.

The suspect, during the sting operation, transacted with an undercover agent. Confiscated from him was more or less 50 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of PHP340,000.

Information gathered showed that Chan’s source of drugs is his uncle, who is detained at the New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa City.

The suspect will be charged with violation of Section 5 (Sale) of Article II of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. (Mar Serrano/PNA)

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...