House panel okays P1.16-B supplemental budget for Dengvaxia vaccinees

MANILA — The House of Representatives’ committee on appropriations on Tuesday approved the proposed PHP1.161-billion supplemental budget for Dengvaxia vaccinees.

The supplemental budget, based on the proposal submitted by the Department of Health (DOH), shall fund the following programs or activities:

  • PHP945.82 million for the Medical Assistance Program, which includes assistance for admitted patients in hospitals and for outpatients;
  • PHP78.29 million for the assessment and monitoring of Dengvaxia vaccinees;
  • PHP70 million for the supplies and medicine;
  • PHP67.59 million for human resource deployment.

House appropriations committee chairman Karlo Nograles assured that the special budget would also cover all other illnesses unrelated to dengue that may develop in children who were vaccinated with Dengvaxia.

“I don’t care if it is clinically related to Dengvaxia or what basta any illness kung itong naturukan ng Dengvaxia na bata ay nagkasakit kahit ano mang sakit yan… tutulungan natin (We will help anyone that got vaccinated with Dengvaxia and got sick),” Nograles said.

The supplemental budget would be sourced from the PHP1.16 billion refund given to the Philippine government by Dengvaxia manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur earlier this year.

The original proposal of PHP270 million for the distribution of medical kits to Dengvaxia vaccinees was already removed from the approved version. (Filane Mikee Cervantes/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...