Keep rallies peaceful, Palace tells RevGov supporters

MANILA — Malacañang on Thursday urged supporters of a movement calling for a revolutionary government to observe peace and order ahead of a planned assembly later in the afternoon.

A series of rallies are scheduled across the country on the 154th birth anniversary of Andres Bonifacio, the Father of the Philippine Revolution, to urge President Rodrigo Duterte to declare a revolutionary government to rid the country of criminality, destabilization and other threats to hasten change.

“We ask those who would join in today’s demonstrations calling for a revolutionary government to conduct their rallies in a peaceful, orderly manner,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.

“The President has earlier said that he does not want a revolutionary government. This, however, does not mean he would prevent citizens from expressing their support for a revolutionary government,” he added.

Last week, Duterte told wounded soldiers at the Army General Hospital in Taguig City not to believe in coup d’état or revolutionary government.

“Wala tayong makuha diyan. (We won’t get anything out of it.) Let us just build a country,” he said.

In the meantime, Roque reminded the pro-revolutionary government supporters that “President Duterte allows protests and other forms of mass action as long as public safety and convenience are not compromised.”

“Police will observe maximum tolerance and exercise the highest restraint,” he said. (Jose Cielito Reganit/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...