Lanao Norte holds post-Vinta rehab planning workshop

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – To better respond to natural calamities, such as Tropical Storm Vinta that devastated parts of Northern Mindanao last December, the local government units and other government agencies of Lanao del Norte conducted a rehabilitation planning workshop recently.

Lanao del Norte was one of the provinces that suffered heavy casualties when Vinta hit the region last Dec. 22.

Among the towns affected by the devastation brought by Vinta were Salvador, Lala, Munai, and Tubod, where over a hundred individuals were killed and thousands of families were displaced.

Abeliza Manzano, head of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (PDRRMO), underscored the importance of the workshop in putting together an action plan outlining Lanao del Norte’s recovery and rehabilitation program for future disasters.

During the activity, participating agencies were tasked with coming up with possible ideas that could be used during the implementation of the recovery and rehabilitation efforts.

For her part, Lanao del Norte Gov. Imelda Quibranza-Dimaporo said the workshop would raise the readiness of provincial and municipal disaster responders.

A well-managed disaster, Gov. Quibranza-Dimaporo said, would enable victims to quickly get assistance, whether they were in evacuation centers or those still awaiting rescue.

“The continuous proper coordination of all responders with the Incident Management Team has made the operations of the provincial government in providing assistance to typhoon affected families more efficient and effective. Let us continue to work together as a team for the good of the people of Lanao del Norte,” she said.

Among the participants of the workshop were the municipal officials of Kapatagan, Lala, Tubod, Salvador, Sapad, Maigo, Balo-I, Munai, Bacolod, Kauswagan, and Kolambugan.

Among the national government agencies that participated include the Bureau of Fire, the departments of Health, Education, Labor and Employment and the Public Works and Highways. (Jigger J. Jerusalem/PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...