Leader of Obet robbery group falls to Bacoor cops

BACOOR CITY, Cavite – A fugitive, who has long been wanted for murder, robbery cases and a subject of the criminal data intelligence watchlist, was arrested by police operatives Sunday morning after three weeks of intelligence and surveillance operations in Barangay Kaingen in this city.

Supt. Vicente Cabatingan, city chief of police, identified the suspect as Norberto Onam Doctor, 52, electrician and a resident of Barangay Aniban I in this city.

Police intelligence report said the suspect was allegedly involved in gun-for-hire activities and led the Obet Robbery Hold-up group in the series of robbery hold-up incidents here, as well as in neighboring cities and towns.

Doctor has two standing warrants of arrest for robbery filed at the Regional Trial Court (RTC) in Bacoor City; and another murder case in Nueva Ecija as reflected in the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Warrant Data Base subject for verification.

According to Cabatingan, the arrested fugitive was previously jailed at the New Bilibid Prison for three murder cases committed in Las Piñas City.

Cabatingan said Doctor was captured around 10:20 a.m. on Sunday as law enforcers tracked him down in his hiding place.

The city police chief also vowed to intensify operations to track down wanted persons to provide justice on the victims, rid the city of criminal activities and make it “a safe place to live, work and do business for everyone.” (Dennis Abrina/PNA)

Popular

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...

PBBM eyes different gov’t post for Torre, Palace confirms

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is offering former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief PGen. Nicolas Torre III a different position in the...

‘Organic, real people’: Gomez belies claims that PCO pays for reactors, vloggers

By Brian Campued Presidential Communications Office (PCO) acting Secretary Dave Gomez on Tuesday stressed that the PCO does not pay reactors and vloggers to support...