Less than 1,000 immunocompromised persons receive 2nd booster

By Katrina Gracia Consebido

 

National Task Force Against COVID-19 Medical Adviser Dr. Ted Herbosa said Wednesday, April 27, that less than 1,000 immunocompromised (IMPs) individuals have so far received their second booster shots, two days after its rollout on Monday.

In the Laging Handa briefing on Wednesday, Herbosa said there are many IMPs who are not yet eligible to take their second booster

“Marami kasing immunocompromised na January or February pa lang na nakuha ‘yung kanilang booster doses, so hindi pa sapat ‘yung interval na tama, yung four months interval from the first [booster shot],” Herbosa said.

He said they hope the number of those getting the second booster would soon increase. Herbosa stressed anew that all COVID-19 vaccines are proven safe and effective.

Meanwhile, health workers and senior citizens will soon be allowed to receive their second booster shots, according to Herbosa. 

He said there will be no national lockdown soon, however, there will be a lockdown if the health system collapses. – gb 

 

Popular

Filipino astrophysics students’ ‘Double Gyroscope’ experiment performed by NASA astronaut in space

By Brian Campued An experiment designed by Filipino students was recently carried out by a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronaut aboard the International...

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...