Maharlika Fund IRR finalized – PBBM

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Nov. 6, 2023 announced the finalization of the implementing rules and regulations of Maharlika Investment Fund. (Photo courtesy of bongbongmarcos/IG)

Presidential Communications Office

The organization of the corporate structure of the Maharlika Investment Fund (MIF) is now underway after its proponents have finalized its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. announced on Monday, Nov. 6.

“The Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Maharlika Investment Fund have been finalized. Upon approval, we’ll swiftly establish the corporate structure, getting the MIF up and running,” President Marcos said.

Senior Undersecretary Elaine T. Masukat and Undersecretary Rodolfo John Robert C. Palattao IV, both from the Presidential Management Staff (PMS), were present during the finalization of the IRR along with Undersecretary Leonardo Roy A. Cervantes of the Office of the Executive Secretary (OES).

Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) General Manager Jose Arnulfo Veloso was also present during the meeting along with Office of the Presidential Adviser for Investment and Economic Affairs Mr. Raphael DC Consing Jr.

Representatives from the Bureau of Treasury, Office of the Deputy Executive Secretary for General Administration (ODESGA) and the Office of the Deputy Executive Secretary for Legal Affairs (ODESLA) have also witnessed the finalization of the IRR.

Before leaving for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations-Gulf Cooperation Council (ASEAN-GCC) Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia last month, President Marcos emphasized that the operationalization of the MIF will push through before the year ends.

“We are still committed to having it operational before the end of the year,” President Marcos said in his departure speech last October before leaving Manila for the two-day ASEAN-GCC Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

President Marcos reiterated that the organization of the MIF “proceeds at pace.” PND

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...