Man gunned down in Tondo

(Photo courtesy of MPD)

By Gabriela Baron

A man died after he was gunned down by an unidentified suspect in Parola Compound in Tondo, Manila early Sunday morning, April 23.

Based on the report by the Manila Police District (MPD) Police Station 12, the victim, Raymart Ferrer or “Dode,” 25, was shot along Gate 12 in Parola Compound at about 2:30 a.m.

According to the authorities, Ferrer, also a member of the Commando Gang, was having a conversation with an unknown individual over his phone and decided to meet the caller at the said place.

During the incident, there was an electrical power failure that started around 10:00 p.m Saturday, April 22, to 3:00 a.m. Sunday.

Two successive gunshots were heard by the residents and eventually saw the lifeless body of Ferrer lying on the ground.

Ferrer was previously arrested for violating Sec. 11 of Republic Act 9165 or possession of equipment, instrument, apparatus, and other paraphernalia for dangerous drugs in May 2021.

He was released on bail, but was again arrested for drug-related charges in October 2021 and was later released for plea bargaining. – cf

Popular

PBBM, Japan delegates reaffirm stronger business ties

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. welcomed delegates of the Economic Cooperation Committees of Japan and the Philippines for their 42nd Annual Joint...

PBBM wishes VP Sara ‘good luck’ in 2028 presidential bid —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Wednesday said that President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is wishing Vice President Sara Duterte “good luck” following her announcement of...

PBBM orders infra upgrades in Kalayaan Islands; port, airway eyed

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has ordered a review of infrastructure needs in the Kalayaan Island Group...

Deped still studying proposed trimester shift

By Brian Campued The Department of Education (DepEd) clarified that no final decision has yet been made regarding its proposal to shift to a trimestral...