Marcos appoints new officials of DOTr, line agencies

By Raymond Carl Dela Cruz | Philippine News Agency

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Tuesday, July 26, appointed several new officials to the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and its line agencies.

In a statement, DOTr Secretary Jaime Bautista said DOTr Undersecretary for Administration Kim Robert de Leon; Undersecretary for the Maritime Sector Elmer Francisco Sarmiento; Undersecretary for Planning and Project Development Timothy John Batan; and Land Transportation Office (LTO) Assistant Secretary Teofilo Guadiz have taken their oaths of office.

He also inducted into office Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) Assistant General Manager for Engineering Carlito Castillo and PPA Assistant General Manager for Operations Francisquiel Mancile, while lawyer Hernani Nieves Fabia earlier took his oath as administrator of the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA).

During their oath-taking, Bautista reminded them of Marcos’ marching order to the DOTr to continue infrastructure projects and modernize the country’s transport system.

“The President’s order to the DOTr is clear: It’s full speed ahead for our transport projects,” he said.

Before taking office, de Leon served as an undersecretary at the Department of Budget and Management (DBM). He topped the 2016 Environmental Planning and Licensure Exam.

Sarmiento worked for 37 years in Royal Cargo, a local specialized logistics and solutions provider, and served as its president and CEO.

Batan was previously the undersecretary for railways in the previous administration. He has experience in the DOTr’s planning office .

Guadiz previously served as LTO 1 (Ilocos) director.

Both Castillo and Mancile worked under the PPA for several years, with the former serving as manager for Port Construction and Maintenance while the latter served as port manager of PMO Marinduque/Quezon.

Fabia has 38 years of experience in the maritime industry and served as president of PNTC Colleges, a seafarers training facility based in Cavite and Quezon City. – gb

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...