MMDA: DOH will determine the alert level for NCR, no one else

By Pearl Gumapos

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Saturday (Oct. 16) reiterated that it was the Department of Health (DOH) that will decide on the determination of the pilot implementation level of the Alert Level System.

“Pagdating sa pagbaba ng Alert Level, ayon sa pilot natin na kondisyon, iisang ahensya lamang ang magde-determine nito hindi po ang mga mayors. Ayon sa kondisyon, it is the Department of Health,” MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos said during the Laging Handa public briefing. 

He also said implementation of Alert Level 3 in NCR has so far been organized and proper.

“Maayos naman po. Organisado naman. Ito ay ino-obserbahan natin ngayon dahil iyong mga paghihigpit ay nakatutok pa rin tayo,” he said.

Abalos said Metro Manila must have unified guidelines regarding the new Alert Level System.

“Napagkasunduan ng mga mayors ng Metro Manila na maski sa classification ng mga pilot noong araw na kung dati ay Alert 4 sa iba and Alert 3 sa iba, mas pinabuti na isang Alert Level lang ang NCR,” he said.

“Nagkakaisa ang mga mayors, as always, in major policies. Nagkaroon kami ng pagpupulong last Sunday kasama ang Department of Health. Sila ang nagpresenta tungkol sa sitwasyon ngayon sa Metro Manila,” he added.

Abalos added that while cases continue to drop, the public must still remain disciplined in following health protocols.

“Tuloy-tuloy ang pagbaba pero ang susi nito ay isang bagay: huwag tayong bibitaw sa ating disiplina. Kailangan gawin natin ito para mabuhay naman ang ating ekonomiya,” he said.

“At hindi lamang iyon. Hindi titigil ang mga mayors, hindi titigil ang mga medical frontliners sa tinatawag na PDITR. Kung mayroon may sakit, i-trace namin agad iyon. Kung kinakailangan i-isolate, quarantine, kung kinakailangan mag granular lockdown, gagawin na mga mayors iyon,” he added. – PG-rir

Popular

Palace slams attempt against NegOr contractor, vows to dismantle espionage networks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Amid consecutive developments arising from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s revelation of ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood control projects in his 4th...

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...