MMDA warns people who plan to get booster shots: ‘Mahuhuli at mahuhuli kayo’

By NG Seruela

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairperson Benhur Abalos warned individuals who plan to get a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot in a different local government unit (LGU) that they may be jailed.

In a Laging Handa public briefing on Wednesday (Aug. 25), Abalos cautioned that the local government units (LGUs) are currently uploading all vaccination data to the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) and will easily track those who gets a third COVID-19 shot.

“Gusto kong samantalahin itong pagkakataon na ito para magbigay ng warning doon sa nagpaplano na huwag ninyo nang gagawin. Huwag na huwag ninyong gagawin at makukulong kayo,” he said.

Abalos explained that before the vaccination, a registration is required to acquire a schedule. Once in the vaccination center, a government-issued ID must be provided and it will be recorded.

“Tatanungin ka kung ika’y nabakunahan na at saang lugar? Siyempre, kung dalawa hindi ka na pupuwede. Ililista mo iyon hindi ka pa bakunado,” he added.

He said the uploaded data might be at 90% this week since it was reported last week to be at 85%.

“Kami ay nag-u-upload na ngayon sa DICT, kay Usec. Manny Caintic ng lahat ng aming data halos… sabi nila sa akin last week ay 85%, malamang 90% na ngayon at makikita sa record na ito, mahahanap kayo kung kayo’y nakatatlo o kung ilang shot; mahuhuli at mahuhuli kayo.”

The MMDA chief bared that the vaccination data down to the vaccination supply are recorded and uploaded.

“Kaya huwag kayong mag-alala, naka-record po lahat ito, naka-upload po ito at higit sa lahat naka-record din po ito sa ating vaccine czar.” -rir

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...