More schools on F2F list to be thoroughly evaluated

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency

The Department of Health (DOH) assured parents that safeguards would be in place should the Department of Education (DepEd) identify schools in Metro Manila for the pilot of face-to-face classes.

Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario said in a Laging Handa briefing on Saturday the DOH will ensure that no student will get sick.

“If there is, it would be very minimal. There’s no need for parents to worry about it,” she said.

In-person classes are technically allowed in areas under the less strict Alert Level 2 classification, which Metro Manila is currently in.

Apart from safety measures, Vergeire said schools must undergo a strict assessment to evaluate their readiness before they get selected.

The Philippine government has so far allowed the pilot resumption of physical classes in 100 public and 20 private schools in low-risk areas, all of which are outside Metro Manila, starting Monday, November 15.

The selected schools were thoroughly evaluated by the DOH Epidemiology Bureau and identified as minimal or low risk, based on the Alert Levels.

The DepEd received appeals from local government units, including the National Capital Region, to have their schools included. (PNA) -rir

 

Popular

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...

Updated cash aid, transport support discussed during 7th UPLIFT Committee meeting led by PBBM

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous whole-of-government efforts to protect Filipinos from the impact of Middle East tensions on energy, transport, and food...