More than 40-K get booster shots at Manila drive-thru sites

By Marita Moaje | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – A total of 10,100 vehicles with 26,000 drivers and passengers have been served by the city government of Manila at its COVID-19 drive-through booster vaccination at the Quirino Grandstand grounds.

Due to increasing demand, the inoculation site for four-wheeled vehicles has been on a 24-hour basis since January 15, after two days of administering vaccines from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. only.

Another 15,000 bicycle and motorcycle riders have also received their booster doses at the Kartilya ng Katipunan drive-through site, near the city hall.

The Manila Health Department data also showed 4,000 public utility vehicle drivers so far have availed of additional shots at the Bagong Ospital ng Maynila.

Aside from the three drive-through sites, the city gives primary and booster doses in malls, schools, and health centers.

As of 6:00 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 23), 3,170,140 doses have been administered by the city government, including 246,335 primary shots for minors aged 12 to 17 years and 327,455 booster shots.

In an online interview on Monday (Jan. 24), Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso said most of the city’s health care workers who got infected with COVID-19 are recovering and some are back on the field.

Proteksiyunan natin ang ating sarili, para na rin nating prinoteksyunan ang mga mahal natin sa buhay. Magpabakuna kayo. Ang paniwalaan natin ‘yung mga doktor, ‘yung mga itinalaga ng ahensya ng gobyerno na mga eksperto. Ito ‘yung makakatulong sa atin (Let us protect ourselves because it is like protecting our loved ones. Get vaccinated. Believe the doctors and experts. Vaccines will help us),” Domagoso said. (PNA) -ag

Popular

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...