More than 65M Filipinos now fully vaxxed vs. COVID-19

By Lade Jean Kabagani | Philippine News Agency

 

MANILA – A total of 65,171,415 Filipinos already have the full primary series of COVID-19 jabs, including those who received the single-shot Janssen and Sputnik Light, the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19 reported Tuesday (March 22).

NTF chief Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. said in his “Talk to the People” presentation that 13 of the 17 regions have at least 70% vaccination coverage of the first dose while seven have fully vaccinated at least 73% of their target, led by the National Capital Region with 104.13%.

He said the government is preparing to conduct special vaccination drives at Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao and Soccksargen, which are at 26.35% and 56.72%, respectively, in terms of full vaccination.

The government is expanding coverage to job sites, terminals, convergence areas, churches, economic zones, village health centers, public and private clinics, as well as pharmacies and malls, to encourage more to get booster doses.

The pediatric age group five to 17 years old must likewise be given special attention in preparation for more schools implementing face-to-face classes, Galvez said

The rollout for aged zero to 4 is still under stringent observation.

Only 11.5 million of the fully vaccinated have so far received booster or additional doses, another reason to ramp up inoculation efforts, added Galvez.

“Following the directive of (Health) Secretary (Francisco) Duque, we will pursue the vaccination of at least 90 million of our citizens,” Galvez said. (PNA)

 

-ag

 

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...