MSU bombing perpetrators will be brought to justice, Galvez vows

(Photo courtesy of Department of National Defense)

By Priam Nepomuceno | Philippine News Agency

Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation and Unity Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. assured the public on Sunday that perpetrators of the Sunday bombing at the Mindanao State University in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur will be brought to justice.

Galvez issued the statement condemning the bombing, which he said, “has no room in a humane, civilized, peaceful society.”

“Such a barbaric act has no room in a humane civilized, peaceful society. Rest assured that the Marcos Administration will not leave any stone unturned to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to the bar of justice,” he said.

He added that the timing of the bombing “shows the ruthless methods that these lawless elements will utilize to sow fear, anger, and animosity among our people,” adding “we will not allow this to happen.”

The incident occurred while a Catholic mass was going on.

Galvez extended his condolences and prayers to the families of the victims, and the students and faculty of MSU.

“May you have the strength and courage to cope with the painful loss of your loved ones and carry on in the face of this immense tragedy,” he said.

Meanwhile, he said the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation and Unity is coordinating with the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao for the assistance they could provide to the victims and their families.

He appealed for unity to prevent similar incidents from happening.

“As we mourn the loss of those who have perished, let us unite and work hand in hand so that we can help prevent such incidents from happening again, as we continue to promote the culture of peace, mutual understanding, and solidarity across our nation,” he said. (PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...