‘Narco list’ reveal okay but decision up to PRRD: PNP

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan/ PNA

MANILA — While it supports the move to unmask politicians on the ‘narco-list’, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said the decision on the matter is still up to President Rodrigo Duterte.

PNP chief, General Oscar Albayalde said it is the right of the voters to know who among those running in the midterm elections are involved in illegal drugs trade.

“If these will all be validated, I think [it is the right of the voters to know who is in the ‘narco-list’]. That is why validation, deliberation, and adjudication of this information is important because the public deserves to know; they deserve the truth,” he told reporters in a press briefing on Monday.

Earlier, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) said at least 83 politicians including mayors vice mayors, governors, vice governors, and congressmen are included in the narco-list according to

PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino previously said that he would prefer to file charges against politicians in the “narco-list” than publicizing it.

Aquino, however, said he will comply once Duterte orders him to reveal the names on the list.

Last year, PDEA publicized a narco-list of more than 200 barangay (village) officials weeks before the village elections.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...