NBI nabs 12 Chinese nationals for gun possession in Alabang

NABBED. The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) arrested 12 Chinese nationals in Muntinlupa City on Monday (March 31, 2025) and Tuesday (April 1) for illegal possession of firearms. NBI operatives seized various firearms and pointed tools, including pistols, magazines, and ammunition from the suspects. (Photo courtesy: NBI)

By Benjamin Pulta | Philippine News Agency

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) – National Capital Region on Wednesday said it has arrested 12 Chinese nationals in Muntinlupa City for violation of Republic Act No. 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act.

In a news release, the NBI said the foreigners were nabbed in an operation conducted from Monday evening to Tuesday morning in three residential houses in Ayala Alabang Village by virtue of search warrants issued by the Regional Trial Court of Muntinlupa City.

The NBI operatives, together with representatives from the barangay, homeowners’ association and village security personnel, searched the premises and seized five pistols, along with magazines and ammunition in the first location; four pistols with magazines and ammunition, two taser guns, three bulletproof vests, tactical knives, and handcuffs on the second; and one pistol with a magazine and ammunition and tactical gear for pistols on the third.

Various identification cards belonging to individuals named Yi Wan, Wang Zenghui, Liu Yichun, Zhou Chenchen, Zhang Yu, Xiu Zhang, Zhang Qija, Wang Zenghui, and Wang Weibin were also seized.

The NBI said four vehicles were also impounded for verification after the owners failed to present the necessary documents.

The suspects were presented for inquest proceedings before the Office of the City Prosecutor of Muntinlupa.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...