NCR faces delay in vaccine rollout due to quality control

The vaccine rollout for some local government units (LGUs) in the National Capital Region was cancelled on Tuesday (June 29) as they waited for the certificate of analysis for the Sinovac vaccine doses that arrived last week.

The vaccine rollout for first-dose recipients who pre-registered at the Marikina Sports Complex mega-vaccination site was cancelled on Tuesday.

Marikina Mayor City Marcy Teodoro explained that the LGU has received their share of the 400,000 Sinovac vaccine doses that arrived last week. However, they cannot administer these vaccines as the certificate of analysis (COA) for these is still pending from the manufacturer.

In Pasay City, only the second dose recipients were accepted for vaccination, as the city is also waiting for the COA of the Sinovac vaccines they received recently.

“Puro second dose pa lang po ang maibibigay namin sa ngayon, although we are able to give the first dose for our Gamaleya vaccines,” Pasay City Health Office Immunization Program Head Dr. Grace Noble said.

Meanwhile, the cities of Manila, Taguig, and Mandaluyong also cancelled their mass vaccinations on Tuesday (June 29) as they also wait for their respective COAs.

In a Department of Health (DOH) media forum on Tuesday, DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the COAs arrived on Monday (June 28).

“The COA coming from the manufacturer, especially for Sinovac, usually comes in later. Hindi po siya kasabay ng deliveries na dumadating,” Vergeire said. 

“Sa mga ganitong panahon, maybe after two to three days, minsan naman limang araw, anim na araw. Kapag nabigay na sa kanila ng COA, they can already resume their vaccination,” she added. – Report from Kenneth Paciente / CF- jlo

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...