NCR now down to ‘high risk’ from last week’s ‘severe outbreak’

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – The OCTA Research Group said on Wednesday that the National Capital Region (NCR) is now down to “high risk” classification for COVID-19 from “severe outbreak” last week.

“Expecting NCR to be at moderate risk next week,” OCTA Research Fellow Group member Guido David tweeted on Wednesday, Jan. 26.

Data from Covidactnow show NCR’s seven-day average cases is 6,280 for January 19 to 25 — lower than the previous week’s 15,782 cases.

Its current average daily attack rate is 44% while its seven-day positivity rate is 24%.

Positivity rate is the percentage of COVID-19 tests performed that turned out positive in a certain area or region.

Meantime, the region’s reproduction number, individuals a COVID-19 patient can infect, is down to 0.71 from last week’s 2.06.

The health care utilization rate in the region is now low at 48%.

The intensive care unit utilization rate is also low at 44%. (PNA) – bny

 

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...