NCRPO denies Manila hotel ‘drug-planting’ incident

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan/PNA

MANILA — The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) on Monday said it has yet to receive complaints in connection with a message circulating on social media regarding valet parking personnel of a hotel allegedly planting illegal drugs in the compartment of customers’ cars.

“We have investigated this matter, and found no record of this sort registered with the Manila Hotel or with us,” NCRPO head, Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar told the Philippine News Agency in a text message when sought for a comment.

Eleazar, however, encouraged the alleged victim or his family, to come out and file a formal report about the incident for them to be able to investigate and take necessary actions.

Meanwhile, Col. Carlo Manuel, Manila Police District public information officer, said they have conducted validation and investigated the matter and have found no records of the complaint registered with the hotel.

“We will continue to conduct a deeper investigation until we find out the whole truth,” Manuel said.

Full text of the message regarding the “illegal drugs planting modus” at the Manila Hotel.

According to the viral message, Manila Hotel valet parking personnel and police officers are in cahoots to extort money from customers whose car compartments are found to be containing illegal drugs.

The parking personnel deliberately place illegal drugs inside the compartment of the cars of “target” customers.

They will then inform police personnel manning a checkpoint near the hotel who will then inspect the cars of the unsuspecting “target”.

The Manila Hotel management has denied such incident, noting that such malicious allegations first circulated in November last year.

“It has come to our attention that false allegations of drugs being planted in vehicles by a valet parking attendant, under the concessionaire that manages parking services at The Manila Hotel, are being recycled by unscrupulous individuals. These malicious allegations were circulated via Facebook Messenger and Viber last November 2018,” the hotel said in a statement Sunday.

“The police have since conducted a full investigation and concluded that this is fake news. We at The Manila Hotel value our integrity and service to the community,” it added.

The hotel also asked the public to be more discerning and responsible in assessing information obtained from social media.

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...