NFA releases over 8K bags of rice for ‘Usman’ victims

By NFA-PR/PNA

MANILA — The National Food Authority (NFA) has released a total of 8,730 bags of rice as of Thursday for relief operations in nine provinces of Regions 4, 5 and 8 hit by Tropical Depression Usman.

In Region 4, a total of 150 bags had been released to the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council of the Office of Civil Defense (PDRRMC-OCD) of Occidental Mindoro, and 17 bags to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) of Marinduque.

In Region 5, a total of 8,518 bags of NFA rice has been released to the local government units (LGUs) of Albay — 1,450 bags; Camarines Norte — 1,206 bags; Camarines Sur — 3,433 bags; Catanduanes — 300 bags; Masbate — 150 bags; Sorsogon — 1,804 bags.

The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) in Camarines Sur also withdrew 25 bags for relief operations, while 150 bags were also released to other relief-giving entities in the province.

In Region 8, a total of 45 bags had been issued to the local PRC for relief operations.

The NFA said its Operations Centers in the affected areas have been open 24 hours even before the landfall of “Usman” to provide quick response to any rice needs for relief operations.

Local NFA offices are also closely coordinating with LGUs and various relief agencies to inform them of the availability of NFA rice buffer stock.

Rice price monitoring in the affected areas is also continuously being done to ensure that there is no unwarranted spike in prices and to assure consumers of the availability of affordable rice supply.
NFA employees in the affected provinces have been on duty during the holidays to ensure the availability of NFA rice for victims of the tropical cyclone.

There has been no reported damage to NFA stocks, properties and facilities.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...