NKTI, St. Luke’s COVID beds at full capacity

By Christine Fabro

Some hospitals in Metro Manila have been reaching full capacity of their COVID-19 hospital beds, including the National Kidney and Transplant Institute (NKTI) and St. Luke’s Medical Center.

In an advisory released on August 8, the NKTI said there is an increasing number of COVID-19 and leptospirosis cases at the hospital, with all of its COVID-19 beds now occupied.

“Right now, we are in full capacity with our COVID-19 in hospital beds and the five tents, with more than 50 patients at the Emergency Room (ER), our capacity at the ER and the units will significantly decrease,” NKTI executive director Dr. Rose Marie Rosete-Liquete wrote.

NKTI said the admission to the ER are limited to urgent or renal cases only, and that other cases may have to be transferred to other hospitals such as Jose Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center, Philippine General Hospital, and National Center for Mental Health.

National Children’s Hospital also accepts pediatric leptospirosis patients.

“Starting tomorrow, Monday, August 9, we shall further decrease our Internal Medicine and Nephrology outpatient consults […] Our surgeries are confined only to those which have been previously scheduled in the next two weeks and for patients who are already in the hospital, so as not to compromise our patients,” the advisory said.

Meanwhile, St. Luke’s Medical Center said in its advisory on Monday (August 9) that the COVID-19 wards and critical care units in both Global City and Quezon City have reached full capacity.

It added that there are also patients awaiting admission at their Emergency Rooms.

According to the management of St. Luke’s Medical Center in Taguig, the COVID-19 rooms are at 100% capacity, while the intensive care units are at 80% capacity. – rir

Popular

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...

Updated cash aid, transport support discussed during 7th UPLIFT Committee meeting led by PBBM

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous whole-of-government efforts to protect Filipinos from the impact of Middle East tensions on energy, transport, and food...