No work in all courts Monday due to transport strike: SC

MANILA — The Supreme Court (SC) announced the suspension of work in all courts nationwide on Monday in connection with a scheduled nationwide transport strike.

“The CJ (Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno) has suspended work in all courts nationwide tomorrow, Oct 16, due to the scheduled nationwide transport strike,” the SC Public Information Office posted on its Twitter account.

Malacañang announced on Sunday the suspension of government work and classes in all levels in both public and private schools nationwide on Monday due to the transport stike.

Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said in a statement the announcement on the cancellation of classes was made by the Office of Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea.

The Palace has yet to issue a memorandum circular regarding the suspension of work in government offices.

Andanar said the suspension of work in the private sector will be subject to the discretion of employers. (PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...