NoCot police exec, 11 cops receive ‘Medalya ng Kagalingan’

By Edwin Fernandez/Philippine News Agency

POLICE AWARDEES. Brig. Gen. Eliseo Tam Rasco, PRO-12 regional director, pins the Philippine National Police’s “Medalya ng Kagalingan” to one of the awardees during conferment ceremonies held on Monday, June 3, inside PRO-12 headquarters in General Santos City. (Photo courtesy of PRO-12)

COTABATO CITY — A town chief of police and 11 police personnel received the “Medalya ng Kagalingan” earlier this week for an operation that resulted in the arrest of three communist guerrillas.

Capt. Bernard Abarquez, chief of the Antipas police station, vowed Thursday to be more pro-active in law enforcement to ensure the safety of communities and to strengthen public trust on law enforcers.

Abarquez and 11 other policemen in the town were recognized Monday for the clearing operation on March 5, 2019 in Barangay Malatab, Antipas, that resulted in the arrest of three New Peoples’ Army (NPA) rebels and the recovery of one .357-caliber handgun, several improvised firearms and ammunition.

The other police medal recipients were Executive M/Sgt. Michael Aguasa Mapandi, M/Sgt. Jay Loquinario Canto, S/Sergeants Zalavy Shariff Jubilan Moreno, Melinda Caminero Dela Torre, and Arly Trespuentes Armada Jr.; Corporals Diosdado Espiritu Fontanilla Jr., Rembert Sumugat, Jeriel Prologo Catipay, Milo Cuyong Pagulong, and Demelyn Bernal Pagulong; and Patrolman Ian Aldous Biore Maugin.

“This is an honor for the people of Antipas, we as your law enforcers will continue to serve you day in day out so you can sleep soundly while we perform our duties,” Abarquez said.

Monday’s awarding ceremony was held at the Police Regional Office-12 headquarters in General Santos City.

Abarquez also recognized the participation of the Philippine Army in the successful law enforcement in the town of Antipas.

NPA, the armed wing of the Communist Party of the Philippines, is listed as a terrorist organization by the United States, European Union, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the Philippines.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...