‘Ompong’-affected families now at 63.7K

MANILA — Typhoon Ompong has so far affected 63,769 families or 250,036 persons residing in 1,403 barangays in the Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Mimaropa, Cordillera regions and the National Capital Region (NCR), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said in its 6 a.m. update on Sunday.

Of the figure, 34,169 families or 133,457 persons are temporarily housed in 1,190 evacuation centers while another 3,741 families or 14,826 individuals are being aided outside evacuation centers.

In the same update, which was signed by NDRRMC executive director Ricardo Jalad, a total of 25 road sections in Ilocos, Bicol, Zamboanga Peninsula, and Cordillera have been affected. A total of 79 areas in Central Luzon and Calabarzon were reported flooded.

The agency also reported that a total of 38, 515 families or about 151,872 persons were pre-emptively evacuated in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Bicol, Cordillera and the NCR. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...