Over 20 tons of fish from local fisherfolk bought thru Kadiwa Program in WPS

FOOD SECURITY. The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) in collaboration with the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) launched the “Kadiwa ng Bagong Bayaning Mangingisda (KBBM) Program” near Bajo de Masinloc on May 8-10, 2025. (Photo courtesy: PCG)

By Brian Campued

The government-owned fish carrier M/V MAMALAKAYA has so far bought around 20.3 tons of fresh fish catch from 120 fishermen and 11 fishing vessels since the launch of the Kadiwa ng Bagong Bayaning Mangingisda (KBBM) Program on May 8-10, Malacañang announced Friday.

In a press briefing, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro assured that the KBBM Program would be sustained until the end of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s term to attain food security and foster maritime presence in the West Philippine Sea.

“Ito po ay magtutuloy-tuloy hangga’t marami silang nakikita’t namo-monitor na mga fishing vessels na maaaring nangingisda, at hanggang 2028 po ito ay ipapatupad,” Castro said.

Launched by the Philippine Coast Guard in collaboration with the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, M/V MAMALAKAYA was deployed near Bajo de Masinloc to directly purchase fresh catch from local fisherfolk and to supply additional ice and fuel subsidies.

“Para matugunan din po ang issue about food security, talaga pong ito ay ipinag-utos ng Pangulo,” Castro said.

“Tayo naman po ay may karapatan sa Bajo de Masinloc at dapat lang pong ma-exercise ng ating mga kababayan kung anong nararapat na mga karapatan po natin,” she added.

-iro

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...