Over P200K collected from delinquent employers in Batangas

MANILA — The state-run private pension fund Social Security System (SSS) collected more than PHP200,000 from six delinquent employers in Lipa City, Batangas as a result of the agency’s Run After Contribution Evaders (RACE) campaign.

SSS President and Chief Executive Officer Emmanuel Dooc expressed satisfaction with the positive results of the campaign and hoped that employer compliance will increase more in the coming months.

“We would like to thank the employers who immediately responded to our warning. They registered their businesses and employees with SSS and paid their delinquencies as well. We hope that this will be the start of our good partnership in providing social security protection to our members,” said Dooc in a statement.

To date, six out of 11 employers have responded to the Show Cause Orders posted by the agency’s RACE team on their premises during a mapping operation last March 9.

Johan Marlo Food Enterprise and Redberry Trading have settled their total delinquency amount of over PHP158,000 while Diandra Denise Boutique opted for an installment scheme and made a partial payment of PHP19,707.

Meanwhile, Charles and Patty Food Products, Maritonee’s Snack House, and Swiss Sushi Food Corner have registered with the SSS. They settled their principal delinquency and accumulated penalty amounting to almost PHP26,500.

“We encourage our employers to continue their good practices by faithfully complying with their statutory obligations in order for us to provide the social security benefits that our workers deserve,” said Dooc.

TV Llanes Lotto Outlet, Buenviaje Ana Virginia Marie Rodriguez, Four Coolitz Enterprises, Chriki Colleczione Corporation and Elisse Fashion Corporation failed to coordinate with SSS Lipa branch to settle their pending obligations.

Dooc said that legal actions would be taken against employers who failed to reply to last month’s Show Cause orders within the non-extendible period of 15 days.

“Formal demand letters were already delivered to the employers that ignored the Show Cause Order. However, our members need not worry because SSS will constantly monitor these employers until they comply with their obligations,” said Dooc.

Under the Social Security Act of 1997, employers proven guilty of violating the law shall be penalized to a maximum jail term of 12 years. They will be required by the Court to settle their total delinquencies and accumulated penalties. (Ma. Teresa Montemayor/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...