PAF beefs up engagement with other air forces

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte receives a fighter pilot’s helmet as token during the 71st founding anniversary of the Philippine Air Force (PAF) at the Multi-Purpose Gymnasium in Colonel Jesus Villamor Air Base (CJVAB), Pasay City on July 3, 2018. Presenting the token is PAF Commander Lieutenant General Galileo Kintanar, Jr. (Robinson Niñal/Presidential Photo)

MANILA — In line with the government’s independent foreign policy program, the Philippine Air Force (PAF) has intensified its engagement with several air forces aside from its traditional allies.

This was announced by PAF chief Lt. Gen. Galileo Gerard Kintanar during the Air Force’s 71st founding anniversary celebration held at the PAF Multi-Purpose Gymnasium, Villamor Air Base, Pasay City.

“Outside our national partnerships in support of our government’s independent foreign policy, we have intensified engagements with counterpart air forces in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States,” he added.

Kintanar said the PAF will be establishing more cooperative engagements with other countries, including China, as this so far have resulted in significant initiatives bearing on the training and professional development opportunities of Filipino airmen.

Also, the PAF chief said they have revived the Air Force’s Self Reliant Defense Posture to utilize local talent and increase their logistical capacity to sustain operation and reduce dependents on foreign supplies.

“And through the legacy of our pioneers and heroes, we are committed to train and develop, so that the Air Force can breed airmen our nation deserves, airmen who live and breed the values of integrity, service above self, teamwork, excellence, and professionalism 24/7 all year long across our country, through 360 degrees,” Kintanar added. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...