PAL expands services from Clark hub

MANILA — Philippine Airlines (PAL) is expanding its services to and from Clark International Airport by opening three new routes starting this month.

Beginning Oct. 28, PAL will offer the Clark-San Vicente (Palawan) and Clark-San Jose (Mindoro) routes, while flights between Clark and Cauayan will begin on Oct. 30, the airline announced on Friday.

PAL began operating in Clark in 2016. Since then, its president, Jaime Bautista, has been vocal about the management’s goal of strengthening PAL’s hub in Pampanga.

PAL is the first local carrier that offered services between Clark and Incheon.

Currently, PAL offers 18 domestic destinations to and from Clark.

PAL executives announced Friday that Clark is the airline’s fastest growing hub.

Spokesperson Cielo Villaluna said PAL will use the brand-new 86-seater Bombardier Next-Generation Q400 turboprop aircraft for the three new routes.

The Q400 has six Economy Plus premium seats and 80 Economy Class regular seats, she added.

Meanwhile, the Clark-San Vicente route is scheduled every Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Daily flights will be offered starting Dec. 18.

The Clark-San Jose services will have four weekly flights (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays).

The Clark-Cauayan flights, on the other hand, will be three times weekly (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays). (Ma. Cristina Arayata/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...