Palace: Ex-DPWH chief Bonoan’s alleged contractor ties to be probed

Former DPWH Secretary Manuel Bonoan. Photo courtesy: HOR

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency

Malacañang on Saturday said the alleged links of former Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Manuel Bonoan to a Bulacan contractor will be investigated.

In a press briefing, Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. had been briefed on the recent developments involving the former DPWH chief.

“Opo, nalaman na po ito dahil ito na-report na rin po ni [DPWH] Secretary Vince Dizon,” Castro said.

“At sinabi po natin kanina walang kaibigan, walang kaalyado, walang kamag-anak, lahat po na dapat imbestigahan ay iimbestigahan,” she added.

Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo Lacson earlier alleged that Bonoan had a “family business” connection with Candaba, Pampanga Mayor Rene Maglanque, former president of construction firm Globalcrete Builders.

Globalcrete Builders reportedly secured P2.195 billion worth of flood control projects in Bulacan between 2018 and 2024.

Lacson also claimed that the daughters of Bonoan, Maglanque, and former DPWH Undersecretary Roberto Bernardo are executives of MBB Global Properties.

Based on MBB’s general information sheet in 2024, its executives include president Macy Monique Maglanque, corporate secretary Sunshine Bernardo, and treasurer Fatima Gay Bonoan-dela Cruz.

Bonoan resigned from his post amid the investigation into the alleged irregularities in the implementation of flood control projects.

Meanwhile, the Department of Migrant Workers ordered the recall of Macy Monique Maglanque, currently labor attaché in Los Angeles, California, USA, to allow her to face an investigation. (PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...