Palace issues Memorandum Circular No. 32 for observance of National Family Week

Families enjoy their picnic at the Quezon City Memorial Circle on Thursday (Feb. 10, 2022). Malacañang earlier said downgrading Metro Manila to the most relaxed Alert Level 1 is possible if Covid-19 cases will continue to drop in the coming days. (PNA photo by Joey O. Razon)/ FILE

Presidential Communications Office

Malacañang issued on Thursday Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 32 suspending work in government offices under the Executive branch from 3:00 p.m. onwards on Monday, Sept. 25, in connection with the observance of Family Week.

“This Office also encourages all government workers in the Executive branch to fully support the programs and activities relative to the observance of Family Week, as organized by the National Committee on the Filipino Family,” read the memo signed by Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin.

“The suspension of work in all branches of government, in independent commissions or bodies, and in the private sector is encouraged, so as to afford all Filipino families the full opportunity to celebrate the 31st National Family Week.”

According to the MC, which takes effect immediately, those agencies whose functions involve the delivery of basic and health services, preparedness, response to disasters and calamities, and the performance of other vital services shall continue their operations and render the necessary services.

The Palace issuance is pursuant to Proclamation No. 60 (s. 1991), which declared the last week of September of every year as Family Week, and to give government workers and their families time to celebrate the Kainang Pamilya Mahalaga Day pursuant to Proclamation No. 326 (s. 2012). PND

Popular

Myanmar’s junta chief to head to Bangkok summit as quake toll surpasses 3,000

By Agence France-Presse The head of Myanmar's junta is expected to travel to Bangkok on Thursday for a regional summit, as the death toll from...

PBBM reciprocates VP Sara’s gratitude on helping her mend ties with dad

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency “Glad I could help.” This was the response of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., according to Palace Press...

Purchase of US fighter jets vital to boost PH defense – ES Bersamin

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Thursday, April 3, said the planned procurement of fighter jets from the...

Recto says use of PhilHealth funds to spare PH from new debts

By Benjamin Pulta | Philippine News Agency Finance Secretary Ralph Recto on Wednesday defended the transfer of idle and unused Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth)...