Palace: MGCQ in NCR unlikely

President Rodrigo Duterte will announce tonight the new quarantine classifications for the country starting June 15.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in his June 14 briefing that it is unlikely for the National Capital Region INCR) to be placed under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ).

“Noong bago sumipa ang mga bagong variants na napakababa ng mga kaso sa Metro Manila, hindi pa rin nag-MGCQ ang Metro Manila. Pero ngayon po 7,000 pa rin po ang total new cases natin,” he said.

“Hindi ko alam kung ilan nanggaling doon sa Metro Manila pero mas mataas pa po iyan kaysa doon sa nakalipas na panahon na parang 1,000 cases na lang tayo eh hindi pa rin po nag-MGCQ,” he added.

The official said some local government units have appealed to be escalated to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), the decision of which will be included in the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) agenda.

National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19 deputy chief implementer Vince Dizon said the government is prepared in case of COVID-19 case increase amid further economic reopening, especially in the Greater Manila Area.

Tuloy-tuloy po ang paggagawa ng DPWH ng temporary treatment facilities, tuloy tuloy po ang pag-iimbak ng DOH ng mga gamot para sa mga ospital. Definitely compared last year mas handa tayo, pero hindi tayo puwedeng maging kampante,” he said. – Report from Mela Lesmoras/AG-rir

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...