MANILA — Malacañang on Wednesday released the list of new appointees to the Bureau of Customs (BOC), a day after the bureau celebrated its 116th anniversary which was attended by President Rodrigo Duterte.
The new BOC appointees include Noel Patrick Sales Prudente as Deputy Commissioner; Jeoffrey Comising Tacio, Adzhar Aidarus Albani and Yogi Felimon Lasala Ruiz as Director III; and, Fernandino Acosta Tuason as Director II.
During Tuesday’s BOC anniversary celebration, Duterte commended the BOC officials headed by Commissioner Isidoro Lapena for a job well done.
In his accomplishment reports, Lapena said the BOC hit an all-time high revenue collection amounting to PHP46.37 billion in November last year.
Overall, the BOC posted actual revenue collection of PHP456.61 billion, the highest since 2013.
Despite the higher revenue collection, Duterte told the 500 Customs officials and employees that much remains to be done to improve the BOC overall revenue collection further.
The President also called on BOC officials to continue their campaign against corruption and smuggling as he witnessed the destruction of 20 used luxury vehicles worth more than PHP61 million. (PNA)