Palace sacks Torre as PNP chief

PNP Chief PGEN. Nicolas Torre III. (Photo courtesy: PNP)

By Brian Campued

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Nicolas Torre III has been removed from his post, Malacañang confirmed Tuesday.

In a letter dated Aug. 25, Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin said Torre’s removal is “effective immediately” despite no further details provided as of posting time.

“For the continuous and efficient delivery of public services in the PNP, you are hereby directed to ensure proper turnover of all matters, documents and information relative to your office,” Bersamin said.

Torre was appointed by President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on May 29 and officially took over as PNP chief on June 2.

Torre previously served as director of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and handled high-profile cases, including the arrests of Kingdom of Jesus Christ (KOJC) Pastor Apollo Quiboloy and former President Rodrigo Duterte. (with report from Kenneth Paciente / PTV News)

-jpv

Popular

Deped still studying proposed trimester shift

By Brian Campued The Department of Education (DepEd) clarified that no final decision has yet been made regarding its proposal to shift to a trimestral...

Galloping into 2026: What’s in store for your sign this Year of the Fire Horse?

By Brian Campued From the year of transformation and renewal in 2025, let us welcome 2026 with intense passion and determination. With the arrival of...

Palace: PBBM will not meddle with ICC’s indictment of co-perpetrators in FPRRD’s ‘war on drugs’

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Sumusunod tayo sa sarili nating batas at nakikipag-cooperate din tayo sa Interpol.” As talks about the previous administration’s brutal war on drugs...

Binondo gets ‘much-needed attention, respect’ in revitalization project —PBBM

By Brian Campued As the world’s oldest Chinatown, Binondo is a melting pot of history, heritage, and most especially, food—making the district a major cultural...