Palace sees better Christmas this year

Malacaῆang on Monday (Sept. 27) said it is expecting a better Christmas this year amid the reported decline in the number of COVID-19 cases and the increase in the number of vaccinated individuals.

“Pilipinas, lalong-lalo na sa Metro Manila, mukhang there will be a better Christmas, patuloy pa po tayong magpabakuna,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in his Monday briefing.

In the same briefing, Alethea De Guzman (DOH) Epidemiology Bureau Dir. Alethea De Guzman said the National Capital Region (NCR) and the Philippines have de-escalated to moderate COVID-19 risk classification.

However, the current numbers do not indicate yet a possible downgrade to a lower alert level in the new quarantine system being implemented in Metro Manila.

“Kung itong mga numerong ito ng NCR ang ating pagbabasehan, tayo po ay posibleng manatili pa sa Alert Level 4. Subalit tulad po ng nabanggit ni Spox [Roque], ang mga metrics po natin at numero ay tuluy-tuloy na pag-aaralan,” she said.

The Palace spokesperson said he supports the calls to de-escalate NCR’s alert level, but added that the decision is up to the DOH.

The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) said it believes the relaxation of restrictions will further support economic recovery which has long been affected by strict quarantine and lockdowns.

“I think it’s about P30-billion per week impact pagdating po sa wages, lalo na sa NCR ‘pag tayo ay nasa ganitong alert level,” DTI Sec. Ramon Lopez said.

“Ang kinaiba lang po nito ay may kaunti tayong pagbubukas ngayon… At ibig sabihin, iyan ang potential na maibalik sa economy ‘pag tayo ay bumaba sa Alert Level 3,” Lopez added.

Meanwhile, President Rodrigo Duterte will address the nation anew tonight where he is expected to mention the COVID-19 response and the issues brought up in the ongoing Senate Blur Ribbon committee hearings. – Report from Mela Lesmoras/AG- bny

 

Watch full report here:

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...