Palace welcomes 3 new data centers, boosting PH global digital competitiveness

Photo courtesy: Cavite 5th District Rep. Roy Loyola FB page

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet

Consistent with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s mandate to bolster the country’s digital infrastructure, the Palace hailed the inauguration of three state-of-the-art data centers in Carmona City, Cavite.

At the Malacañang press briefing on Wednesday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro noted these data centers invested by Equinix—a U.S.-based global digital infrastructure company—as pivotal in nurturing enterprises that rely heavily on connectivity, such as finance, telecommunications, and cloud services.

Castro said, “Muling binigyang diin ni Pangulong Marcos Jr. ang commitment ng pamahalaan na maiangat ang pamumuhay ng taumbayan dala ng pag-unlad ng bansa sa larangan ng makabagong teknolohiya.”

She added further, “Ayon sa Pangulo, ang inagurasyon ng tatlong state-of-the-art data centers ang mas lalong maglalagay sa Pilipinas sa global digital economy.”

In a message delivered by Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) Secretary Henry Aguda during the inauguration, President Marcos said the three new data centers demonstrate the country’s connectivity, competitiveness, and continued pursuit of programs that elevate its position in the digital sector.

This latest initiative would help advance the country’s programs geared towards improving connectivity across the archipelago, such as the National Broadband Plan, Free Wi-Fi for All, and the National Fiber Backbone Project.

It would ensure that the country is adequately equipped to realize a digital future for Filipinos without compromises, a byproduct of a well-honed domestic technology sector.

av

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...