PAL’s San Vicente route begins Oct. 30

MANILA — Flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) will start offering flights to and from San Vicente, Palawan on Oct. 30, its spokesperson announced on Friday.

“PAL is the first commercial airline to launch services to San Vicente. This will be a milestone service,” Cielo Villaluna told the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

San Vicente Airport (SVA) officially opened for commercial flights last May. Previously, the airport only catered to light aircraft, as well as Air Juan’s chartered flights.

“In terms of commercial operations, PAL is the first to bring tourists in San Vicente,” Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) spokesperson Eric Apolonio said.
He added that World Vision and Air Juan used to be the only ones offering services to and from SVA. The two companies use seaplane and general aviation aircraft, Apolonio added.

Villaluna said PAL has considered having the San Vicente route since the SVA is envisioned to be a gateway to El Nido, which is two hours away from the airport.

Days after the SVA’s inauguration last May, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines spokesperson Eric Apolonio said San Vicente could be an alternative destination to Boracay.

The SVA would serve as the alternative destination’s main gateway, he added.

PAL’s weekly flights are scheduled every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Villaluna said daily flights will be offered starting December 18. The airline will initially offer services between San Vicente and Clark.

“There’s no plan to have a Manila-San Vicente route at the moment. The priority is to build passenger traffic between Clark and San Vicente,” Villaluna said. (Ma. Cristina Arayata/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...