Pangasinan cops prohibited from entering restobars

By Liwayway Yparraguirre/PNA

URDANETA CITY, Pangasinan — The Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPPO) director on Wednesday reminded his men that they are not allowed in a restaurant-bar in the wake of a shooting incident involving four policemen in a restobar last Sunday.

Senior Supt. Wilson Lopez said the four policemen were with different groups when the shooting took place at 8:30 p.m. inside Station 22 RestoBar in Barangay San Vicente here.

Lopez identified the four policemen as Chief Insp. Napoleon Eleccion Jr. of 2nd Pangasinan Provincial Mobile Force Company based in Tayug, Pangasinan, PO1 Nathaniel Eleccion of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion1, Insp. Marvin Tacdol of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Crime Laboratory, Camp Crame, and his brother, SPO2 Ryan Tacdol of PNP Police Security and Protection Group.

The Eleccions were with their brother Nolan and their father Napoleon, 60. All are residents of Barangay Bugayon, Binalonan town.

The Tacdols were with their brother David, owner of the restobar, all are from Barangay Cabuloan, Urdaneta City, Lopez said.

Initial investigation showed that prior to the incident, the two groups were drinking at the restobar. The group of Eleccion approached the Tacdols after noticing something “bulging” around the waist of one of the brothers.

“PCI Eleccion allegedly introduced himself and asked why they are carrying guns. There and then, a commotion ensued which resulted to the grappling of firearms between the two groups after which gunfire was heard,” Lopez said.

As a result, Insp. Eleccion sustained a gunshot wound on his left palm while SPO2 Tacdol was wounded on his left upper abdomen.

“Together they went to the hospital when they learned they are policemen,” Lopez said, adding they were all brought to the Urdaneta Sacred Heart Hospital.

Lopez said his immediate action was to relieve Chief Insp. Eleccion from his post and reassigned him to the Pangasinan PNP Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit at the provincial headquarters.

Lopez added he had already submitted an endorsement to the Police Regional Office 1 (PRO 1) relative to the three other policemen who are from other units of the PNP.

“A reminder to all policemen that we are prohibited to enter a restobar, especially when we are carrying our firearms,” Lopez reminded his policemen.

Popular

Galloping into 2026: What’s in store for your sign this Year of the Fire Horse?

By Brian Campued From the year of transformation and renewal in 2025, let us welcome 2026 with intense passion and determination. With the arrival of...

Palace: PBBM will not meddle with ICC’s indictment of co-perpetrators in FPRRD’s ‘war on drugs’

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Sumusunod tayo sa sarili nating batas at nakikipag-cooperate din tayo sa Interpol.” As talks about the previous administration’s brutal war on drugs...

Binondo gets ‘much-needed attention, respect’ in revitalization project —PBBM

By Brian Campued As the world’s oldest Chinatown, Binondo is a melting pot of history, heritage, and most especially, food—making the district a major cultural...

Castro to VP Sara on Valentine’s Day: Spread love, not fake news

By Brian Campued Palace Press Officer and Undersecretary Claire Castro on Friday called Vice President Sara Duterte “blind” for not seeing the work of President...