Pangasinan police chiefs reshuffled

By Liwayway Yparraguirre/ PNA NEWS

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — The Philippine National Police (PNP) in Pangasinan on Thursday reshuffled 38 out of the 48 police chief officers (PCOs) assigned in the key cities and towns of the province.

“Some of the PCOs have reached two years in their assigned police station, while some would go schooling. And this is also part of our preparation for the upcoming elections,” Senior Supt. Wilson Lopez, provincial director of Pangasinan police, said in an interview on Friday.
Among those reassigned were the town police chiefs of Agno, Bani, Bolinao, Burgos, Dasol, Infanta, Mabini, Sual, Aguilar, Basista, Binmaley, Bugallon, Labrador, Lingayen, Mangatarem, Urbiztondo, Bayambang, Calasiao, Malasiqui, Mapandan, Sta. Barbara, Manaoag, San Fabian, San Jacinto, Alcala, Bautista, Binalonan, Laoac, Sison, Asingan, Balungao, Natividad, San Manuel, San Nicolas, San Quintin and Sta. Maria, and cities of San Carlos and Urdaneta.
Lopez added that some 40 officers from the Police Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit (PPHAU), Provincial Mobile Force Company (PMFC), provincial intelligence branch (PIB), among others, were also reassigned to different police stations in the province.
He noted that 200 PCOs from the Regional Mobile Force Battalion have been added to the total number of police personnel of Pangasinan.
“They have been with us since December last year and they will assist us also in the elections this year,” he said.
Meanwhile, Lopez encouraged the public to cooperate with law enforcers during the conduct of checkpoints set in different parts of the province.
“Huwag silang matakot sa mga checkpoints dahil ginagawa natin yan para masiguro ang kaligtasan ng mga mamamayan (They should not be scared of the checkpoints because we are doing that to ensure the safety of the people),” he said.

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...