Pangasinan police deploys 2,100 personnel for classes opening

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — Pangasinan police has deployed 2,102 personnel in all public schools in the province as classes opened on Monday.

Police Chief Insp. Norman Florentino, head of the Police Community Relations of the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office (PPO), in an interview, said the flag raising ceremony of the public schools in the province, which marked the opening of classes, was led by the policemen.

“We have deployed more policemen on schools with bigger population and assistance desk were in place. We also assist in the traffic regulation,” he said, noting the number represents 90 percent of its total workforce of 2,355.

The PPO has implemented the “Adopt a Pedestrian Lane Project” and the “Used Tires Can Save a Life Project”, wherein the police painted faded pedestrian lanes and made traffic signage from old tires, which were donated to their chosen school recipient, said Florentino.

“We are after the security and safety of everyone, especially the students when they cross the roads,” he added.

Florentino also encouraged the students, parents and teachers to take advantage of their assistance desk for any need that might arise during the first week of the opening of classes.

“So far, we have not yet recorded any untoward incidents,” he disclosed.

PPO will also conduct lectures on Anti-Bullying and Anti-Drug Abuse campaigns for the students, he said. (Hilda Austria/PNA)

Popular

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...