Pangasinan town now Guinness World Record holder

By Hilda Austria/PNA

CALASIAO, Pangasinan — Calasiao town now officially holds the Guinness World Records for ‘Largest Rice Cake Mosaic’ a year after the town’s attempt in 2017.

Mayor Joseph Arman Bauzon announced the town’s feat to snatch the world record from Japan’s 64-square-meter rice cake mosaic during the street party on Sunday evening, which was the finale to the town’s Puto (rice cake) Festival this year.

On Dec. 8 last year, the officials and the whole municipality of this town formed a 209.37-square-meter rice cake mosaic as their entry to the Guinness World Records.

Engr. Melanio De Vera, designate tourism officer, said Monday the mosaic was made of about 300,000 small pieces of bite-size rice cake, the main and famous product of their town, cooked by the puto makers here.

“When we heard the news, everybody was jubilant. It was the fruit of everyone’s labor and we hope this would even more uplift our town’s famous product ‘puto’,” he said.

De Vera added this is the first time the town tried to earn a spot in the Guinness World Records, noting they are “very happy that they succeeded”.

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...