PAOCC says report on alleged POGO ‘general, fiscal’ fake news

Porac POGO
Photo courtesy of Sen. Sherwin Gatchalian.

By Benjamin Pulta | Philippine News Agency

The Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Commission (PAOCC) on Tuesday denied reports that it is going after a general and a prosecutor allegedly behind the leak of information on raids against illegal Philippine Offshore Gaming Operator (POGO) firms.

In a message to reporters, PAOCC spokesman Winston Casio clarified it had been a vlogger, and not PAOCC, who issued the misleading report.

“Fake news ’yon (That is fake news). A vlogger said that, not PAOCC,” Casio said. “Hindi general nor piskal hinahabol namin, ibang tao (We are not after a general nor a fiscal, it’s a different person).”

Authorities are looking into the possible information leak during the raid of a POGO hub in Porac, Pampanga on June 4.

Casio earlier said the raid led to the arrest of “only” 158 Chinese, Vietnamese, and Malaysian nationals, whereas they had expected to arrest more than a thousand.

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...