PBBM assures he is in good shape amid health rumors

PBBM AT WORK. President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. convenes the UPLIFT Committee on Tuesday (April 7, 2026) to discuss the proposed reduction or suspension of excise tax on fuels amid the current energy situation due to the Middle East crisis. The Presidential Communications Office (PCO) released unblurred photos of the UPLIFT Committee meeting on Wednesday (April 8) following claims that the visuals used were outdated. (Photo courtesy: PCO)

By Brian Campued

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. himself reiterated that he is in good shape amid rumors circulating online about his health.

In a video shared with Malacañang reporters on Wednesday, Palace Press Officer Claire Castro asked the President about his current condition.

“Huwag niyo pong masyadong sineseryoso, alam mo naman ang sa social media palabiro ‘yan e, at wala po tayong problema. I am back to my regular exercise, I’ve been back to my regular routine for the last—magti-three months na ito na patuloy ang aking ginagawa, watching my [health], making sure that I am always ready to do the work,” Marcos said.

The President was previously diagnosed with diverticulitis in January but has since then recovered and went back to his public engagements.

Since the tensions in the Middle East escalated in late February, Marcos led the government in rolling out measures to address the effects of the soaring fuel prices affecting Filipinos.

In the same interview with Castro, Marcos also welcomed the reported two-week ceasefire between Iran and the United States-Israeli forces.

“We will take full advantage of the two weeks to increase our supply as much as possible and to continue to make whatever arrangements are possible,” he stressed.

The Chief Executive likewise provided updates on his meeting with the Private Sector Advisory Council (PSAC) Education and Jobs Sector Group about the reintegration efforts of the government for repatriated overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).

Meanwhile, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Sec. Dave Gomez earlier said Malacañang is gathering evidence regarding those spreading alleged false claims about the President’s health.

“Yung nagpapakalat on the health of PBBM, we’re collecting na all pieces of evidence and will initiate a complaint [with] the DOJ (Department of Justice) hopefully next [week],” Gomez said.

On Tuesday, the PCO chief went to the DOJ office in Manila to endorse a report for investigation on the individuals behind the “Malasakit News Pilipinas” Facebook page spreading “fake news” related to the country’s energy situation. (with report from Clay Pardilla and Kenneth Paciente / PTV News)

-av

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...