PBBM: Filipino national Babadilla safely back in Israel

Filipino national Noralyn Babadilla was released by militant group Hamas, President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. reported on Nov. 29, 2023. (Photo courtesy of Jerusalem Post/Bongbong Marcos on X)

Presidential Communications Office

Filipino national Noralyn Babadilla has already been freed by the Palestinian militant group, President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. announced on his official X (formerly Twitter) account on Wednesday.

“Just days after expressing concern for Noralyn Babadilla’s whereabouts, I am very happy to announce that Noralyn is safely back in Israel, becoming the second Filipino released from Gaza,” President Marcos said.

With her release, President Marcos said “all Filipinos affected by the war have been accounted for.”

President Marcos also stated that he has entrusted the Philippine Embassy officials in Tel Aviv to attend to the needs of Babadilla in coordination with the Israeli authorities.

The President also extended his gratitude to Israeli authorities for facilitating the release of Babadilla and for all ongoing assistance to Filipinos in Israel.

The chief executive also thanked the governments of Egypt and the State of Qatar “for their crucial role in this process over the past several weeks.”

Babadilla’s freedom from the hands of the militant group Hamas came a few days after President Marcos confirmed the release of Filipino national Gelienor “Jimmy” Pacheco by the Hamas.

“With this positive development, I am pleased to inform the nation that all Filipinos affected by the war have been accounted for,” President Marcos said.

Babadilla and Pacheco are among the foreign nationals who were held hostage by Hamas on October 7. PND

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...