PBBM increases gratuity pay for Medal of Valor Awardees

Presidential Communication Office

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has granted the increase of lifetime monthly gratuity pay of existing Medal of Valor Awardees of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) as part of the administration’s support and appreciation to their bravery and heroism.

In his speech during the 88th Founding Anniversary of the AFP, President Marcos said the increase of their gratuity pay was upon the recommendation of the Department of National Defense (DND) and the AFP.

“This will provide them with a tangible – this will provide our heroes with a tangible and a meaningful reward, highlighting our commitment to support and to honor our war heroes,” President Marcos said in his speech.

“I look forward to more decades of the AFP’s excellent and selfless service to the nation, especially now that we are transforming our country into ‘Bagong Pilipinas’ that is rightfully due to our people,” the chief executive added.

President Marcos, as the guest speaker during the 88th Founding Anniversary of the AFP, acknowledged the contributions and sacrifices of the men and women of the uniformed service to secure the country and the people, rallying the troops to remain relentless in countering lawless elements.

President Marcos also witnessed the parade of various military assets of the AFP and the awarding of recognition to its personnel. (PND)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...