PBBM names new PCO, DOE secretaries

By Brian Campued

Malacañang on Thursday bared a new wave of Cabinet appointments amid President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s continued review of government officials.

During a press briefing, Palace Press Officer Claire Castro confirmed that Marcos appointed former journalist Dave Gomez as the new Presidential Communications Office (PCO) secretary.

“Secretary Dave will ensure clear and truthful government messaging for every Filipino,” Castro said.

She also cited Gomez’s experience in journalism, government, and corporate communications, having served as a senior reporter for The Philippine Star, director general of the Philippine Information Agency, and a communications director for PMFTC, Inc.

Gomez is the fifth PCO chief under the Marcos administration, replacing outgoing Secretary Jay Ruiz, who will be part of the Board of Directors of the Manila Economic and Cultural Office, the Philippines’ representative office in Taiwan.

In a statement, Ruiz thanked Marcos for trusting him to lead the PCO “in advancing transparency, timely information, and responsible public communication” and expressed confidence that the government’s communications arm “will continue to grow and thrive in fulfilling its vital mission.”

Meanwhile, the President has also appointed Sharon Garin as the new Secretary of the Department of Energy (DOE).

She previously took the helm of the DOE as officer-in-charge following the appointment of former Energy Secretary Raphael Lotilla to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.

With Gomez and Garin’s official appointments, Castro said the Palace looks “forward to their leadership as we strengthen government communications and secure our country’s needs under Bagong Pilipinas.” (with report from Kenneth Paciente / PTV News)

-av

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...