PBBM ‘okay’ about VP Sara’s choice to no longer serve his Cabinet

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. and Vice President Sara Duterte.

By Brian Jules Campued

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. respected the decision of Vice President Sara Duterte not to accept another Cabinet post from his administration following the latter’s resignation as Department of Education (DepEd) secretary last month.

In a media interview at the sidelines of the distribution of Presidential Assistance to Farmers, Fisherfolk, and Families (PAFFF) in Apayao on Friday, Marcos gave a short response when asked for his comment regarding Duterte’s statement.

“Okay. I don’t need to react. That’s her decision,” the President told reporters.

The Vice President earlier said that she had multiple reasons for leaving the Marcos Cabinet, but also clarified that First Lady Liza Marcos had nothing to do with her decision.

She added that the reason behind her resignation was personal to her and the President.

“Wala naman ding kinalaman si First Lady sa trabaho namin ni Pangulong Marcos. Sabi ko nga, ano siya, kailangan niya ng sit-down kasi hindi siya isang rason lang, nagkabuhol-buhol na siya na maraming rason,” Duterte told the media following the turnover of DepEd leadership to Sen. Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara.

Meanwhile, the Chief Executive said his speech for the third State of the Nation Address (SONA) on Monday is already finished and is undergoing fine-tuning.

“So, ang problema marami—napakarami ang gusto kong pag-usapan, baka humaba masyado,” Marcos said.

“Sinusubukan lang namin na tiyakin na maganda na ‘yong lengguwahe, na maayos lahat ng nais naming pag-usapan ay nandoon, at mayroon tayong maipapakita sa taumbayan na may nagawa sa nakaraang isang taon,” he added.

Duterte previously said she would not attend Marcos’ SONA. – iro

Popular

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...