PBBM says PH is ready to work with ASEAN allies to ensure food security

By Katrina Gracia Consebido

 

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Saturday, Nov. 12, stressed that the national government is geared to work with its allies in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in ensuring food security.

During the 25th ASEAN Plus Three Summit in Phnom Penh, Marcos said the country is well-equipped in partnering with ASEAN Plus Three (APT) partners on the New York Plan 2023-2027.

The Chief Executive said that food security can be attained by prioritizing technology innovations and strengthened connectivity to the state and global value supply chains.

“Attaining food self-sufficiency and security by seeking innovative solutions through adoption of new technologies and enhanced connectivity to national, regional, and global value supply chains- this must be one of our utmost priorities in the region,” Marcos said.

Marcos also ‘reaffirms’ its commitment to ‘actively engage’ in the ASEAN Plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve (APTERR) which he emphasized as ‘extremely beneficial’ to the ASEAN countries due to its vulnerability in natural calamities.

“The Philippines reaffirms our commitment to actively engage in the ASEAN Plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve or APTERR. APTERR is extremely beneficial to our countries. We are vulnerable to many hazards and natural calamities due to topography and geographic location,” he added.

The President also cited the exploration of smart agriculture and the conduct of capacity-building programs for ASEAN members and the conduct of forums that will serve as platforms in tackling regional concerns on agriculture and food security.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...